Aesthetic eyelid surgery is performed on adults of all ages. Some people have eyelid surgery to correct problems due to ageing and others due to inherited traits that require eyelid surgery. The surgery is usually performed locally in the rooms or can be done under general anaesthetic in theatre
Any one or combination of the following conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
1. Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids. Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids, impairing vision.
2. A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired.
3. Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids.
4. Bags and dark circles under the eyes.
5. Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris.
Procedure for Upper Eyelids: An incision is made within the upper eyelid crease which extends beyond the outside corner of the eye into the laugh lines (crows feet). Through this incision ,excess skin and fat are removed. The incision is then sutured and will be removed after a week. This will rejuvenate the look of the upper eyelid.
Procedure for Lower Eyelids:
An incision is made just below the lower eyelid lashes. Through this incision excess skin and fat are removed and fat may be redistributed to eliminate puffiness or bulges.
This procedure is done as a day procedure and does not require a lengthy hospital stay
Duration of operation: 20 minutes – 2 hours
Anaesthetic: Local or General Anaesthesia
Hospital stay: Go home after surgery
Recovery: 5 – 10 days
Driving: 3 – 7 days
Back to work: 3 – 7 days
Exercise: 7 days .
To book your treatment and for more further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org